When Glee started solid food, avocados were one of the first few foods I gave her. I chose avocado because it is packed with nutrients, so for a growing baby it was perfect. It was soft enough for Glee to chew with her gums and you don’t need a lot of it to get the same nutrients as other foods.
The fact that Glee could practice her motor skills trying to grab a slippery slice was just a bonus. She would try to poke it with a fork, then her fingers and make a mess as you can see from the above photo. Actually this picture served as one of the inspiration pieces for Gleeful Gourmets’ logo. I loved how happy she looked with food! Can you see any elements taken from this photo in GG’s logo?
This creamy avocado pasta with chicken breast became Glee’s absolute favourite meal. Especially when I use spaghetti because she can never get enough noodles!
- Avocado paste, if applied to rashes and rough skin, makes the skin smoother.
- Being rich in magnesium, an avocado helps produce energy and is good for muscle contraction and relaxation.
- Avocados have been found to be helpful in lowering cholesterol levels, mainly because of the presence of beta-sitosterol.
- Consumption of avocados is good for those suffering from psoriasis and bad breath.
- Being rich in vitamin C and vitamin E, both of them having antioxidant properties, avocados help in slowing down the aging process.
- Cutting and rubbing the flesh of a ripe avocado on sun-burnt skin helps in soothing it.
- Glutathione, present in avocados, acts as an antioxidant and helps neutralize free radicals that can cause cell damage and lead to diseases.
- Since an avocado is rich in monounsaturated fats, it helps lower LDL (bad) cholesterol and boost HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Avocado is good for people suffering from digestive and circulatory problems.
- The potassium in avocados helps keep the body’s electrolytes in balance.
- The presence of folate in avocados promotes healthy cell and tissue development.
- Avocados have been found to offer protection against heart disease as well as various forms of cancer.
- The presence of Lutein in an avocado makes it act as a protection against muscular degeneration and eye diseases like cataract.
- If you like sundried tomatoes, you can replace the cherry tomatoes and save yourself the baking time.